Let's explore topics on nutrition, safety, legalities, retirement, relevant news, and more!
Wellness Tips For Mind, Body, And Soul Mindfulness
Maintaining a state of balance is fundamental to health, wellness, and wellbeing. True, consuming nutritious foods, getting adequate sleep, and exercise are essential to health, yet it’s just as important to engage in activities that nourish the mind and soul. Creating a meaningful life looks different for each individual, involving lifestyle preferences and other influential factors. However, we can all benefit from a healthy state of mind, body, and soul. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs outlines central aspects of physical and mental wellbeing in the Components of Productive Health and Well-being model noting, “Self-care includes all the choices you make on a daily basis that affect your physical, mental, and spiritual health. In fact, how you take care of yourself will have a greater impact on your health and well-being than the medical care you receive.”
You don’t need a religious practice to engage in soul-nourishing activities. Nourishing the soul is unique for each person. Some individuals benefit from meditation, faith, or embracing nature, while others prefer mindfulness practice or relaxation techniques. The idea is to determine what recharges or fills up your soul? The Components of Productive Health and Well-Being model introduces different areas influencing health and wellbeing. Mindfulness is at the core of the diagram, followed by self-care, professional care, and community support.
Components of Productive Health and Well-Being Model Healthy Tips:
1. Practice mindfulness – Be aware and focused on the present moment, rather than being on autopilot.
2. Engage in self-care – Eight self-care practices include: working on your body (exercise & flexibility), surroundings (physical & emotional), personal development, food & drink, recharge (sleep & refresh), family, friends, & coworkers (relationships), spirit & soul, and power of the mind.
3. Getting professional care – Prevention and treatment of disease through traditional and complimentary medicine. Mind-body therapies and counseling are also included under professional care.
4. Community support – Community includes place of residence, workplace, and worship, as well as support groups. These groups can be close to home or far.
For more information on Components of Productive Health and Well-Being model please visit The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
* All information shared in this article should be discussed with your healthcare practitioner prior to incorporating any suggestions. This article is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide advice or direct client decisions.